Addison, Texas

My credit card statement has 5 unauthorized charges to Backpage.Com. I had never heard of this site until I saw these charges. I tried to call but there's a recording so I left a message...no call back as of yet. I tried using the form on their site (for customer service) but it requires the email address you registered when you posted the ad...I don't have an account nor did I post any ads. I have emailed them at the email address on the recording but still no call back or reply email.

I'm sure the site it's self is not responsible for the theft but good customer service is something a reputable company would want to strive for, especially in the economy.

Maybe my $500 isn't important to them but it's a lot of money to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Backpage Account.

Comments

they just charged my account 7 times for a total of $998.05. I left them 2 voicemails and 1 email, nobody got back to me yet. Total scam

theadguy

Typical black-market based backpage drama.... Go to Rapid Post Classifieds, they're a new company so give them a shot!

Happened to me, too. Like 50 transactions of 10$ in 3 days. Crooks.

I to have had my problems recently. I am forming a list of people who have had issues with back page you can email me at www.pilar.chavez.buysgoldtoday.com leave your information and if you know someone else that also has had issues please have them contact me as well

I TO HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS SITE UNTIL I RECEIVED A CHARGE ON 7/17/2012 I CALLED AND SPOKE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE ON 7/18/2012 AND STILL ON 7/19/2012 THEY HIT MY ACCOUNT FOR 7 MORE CHARGES. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING THE NET IT LOOKS AS IF THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF STEALING MONEY.

@TENNESSEE fraudulant charges V

do you have a number for them i cant find one sent 12 emails no response. please send this to me i am contacting bank visa fbi if i must i am tired of this thank you respectfully, Lisa myangels101@***.com

Im worried the company won't refund the charges

I'm sorry. I eventually received an email that said their fraud department had caught it and the charges would be reversed,and they were.

Fortunately I didn't have any additional charges (overdraft, etc) to try to recover.

I hope things work out and you get your all of your money back.

@Short

could i please have the address from their so called fraud dept? Please.

I have sent numerous emails only to be ignored. ty respectfully,Lisa myangels101@***.com p.s. i see you are from thibodaux la?

lol i am originally from N.O. :)

#982055
@Short

She is lying. She works for them. Just tying to give people hope so they continue to wait for their refunds

Same thing here. Did you ever get in touch with them?