So I am a female escort... and naturally backpage.com has the entire escort market monopolized. So I choose to do my business there. Before posting any ads on backpage I did alot of reading and discovered that they have a habit of "Ghosting" ads.. or... charging you for ads and not putting them live. So I sent them a few emails.... here's what happened:
Hi this is Destiny. I post in the escort/ adult section. I have posted 1 ad in billings, mt so far and I was wondering if I am allowed to advertise nationwide with a multiple ad posting? I just wanted to ask in advance because I have seen some reviews on the internet on how your company removes ads that do this because you think they are spam. I'm not getting many calls here in Billings and I am considering traveling for my line of work. Please let me know if you can put a green light on my account and approve me for a big multi city posting. Thank you - Destiny
What email address are you using to post?
Here is a link to our national ad feature:
(Same question - Response from a different department)
When using the national ad feature, which we have provided a link to, you will be able to post one ad in multiple cities. There will be a selection option where you can select the cities you would like the ad posted in.
Well guess what.. 3 Minutes after the ad was live... This was in my account:
"An error occurred while placing your ad. Email us at email@example.com for additional info. Please include the ad you are trying to place."
Just as I had expected. No response back from my countless emails, and the money's gone. What is a poor girl to do. I put my whole paycheck on backpage so I could make more money, looks like all I have is a "Ghosted Ad" to show for it. Oh.. and they took down my original ad on my account too.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Escort Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I feel that I am the fool for trusting but this chic played me from the beginning she said that she needed me to buy a card to refill her..."
- "Hi I am a bodyrub service provider in Manhattan,nyc. I have seen this man three times so far. First time in a hotel when he didn't pay me & made..."
- "On Sept. 21st, 2013 @ 4pm I rented a truck from Menards to pick up siding that I had special ordered. I went to the store to pick it up..."
- "Life Time Fitness in Las Vegas (based in MN) has a NO CELL PHONE policy for the locker room, which they never enforced. I complained July 2014 cell phones..."
- "Welcome to AT&T where customer service doesn't exist. We have the right to change and/or alter your contract without your consent. When we use the sales pitch "UNLIMITED" data, it..."
- "I am not quite sure what happened. We had been driving for 5 days on the road from Colorado to Nevada. We had been camping at 7,000 feet the night..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."