I've been using and posting on Backpage for over 2 years now. 2 years ago, payment was simple and straight forward.

You could use a debit card to purchase credits and post.. Simple. Now, not only do they force you to use bitcoin, but they will say that it's $5 to post, when they're really charging your bitcoin account over $6-7+ per ad! It's ridiculous and dishonest.

Also, the website that they recommend to users to go buy Backpage credits with credit/debit/gift card rips you off and never gives you your credits. I've messaged backpage and this website about the issue and I never received my credits.

Product or Service Mentioned: Backpage Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I have never been ripped off by BP and you can use a credit card I do all the time click around the site , I use post free and I do not use a phone set it up on a computer first !

@jj

How does that work? They keep changing things and it charges 2,00 per ad but now it asks for your social media page or profile. I'm not sure what they want to know.

I used amazon gift card to buy BP credits but never receive any credits or refund. I emailed and called BP but no response!!!! They totally ripped me off!!!